These pages are not substitute for the use of guidebooks and maps for the hikes.
______________________ To ensure you have a safe hike and enjoy the GR and its landscapes, use the Alpina maps and guides
For more news:
►March 2021: Work should start soon in refugi de Planícia: It will be located in Casa de ses Collidores, some 200 metres from the manor house.
►October 2020: Work has started in refugi de Galatzó : It should be ready in one year and will lodge 52 hikers.
►The GR 221 between Banyalbufar and Estellencs has been reopened: After being closed for 15 years, a court ruling allows the opening of the GR and also of two other paths. A new path connecting Camí des Correu to S'Arbossar track has been also cleared and signposted.
→ 1- Path between Banyalbufar and Es Rafal (GR) and further to Estellencs
→ 2- Path to S'Arbossar in the direction of Camí des Correu
→ 3- The old path between Es Rafal and Planícia.
- View from the GR 221 (Finca Es Rafal)-
- Sign near Es Rafal-
- Direct path Es Rafal- Planícia-
- Path connecting Camí des Correu and S'Arbossar track-
►2015- GR 222: Signposted section between Coll des Racó and Cala Torta
- The GR runs along the right side of the valley of Sa Duaia-
- Cala Torta-
►February 2013: The alternative section F of the GR 221 from Cúber Stausee to the mountain hut Tossals Verds (pas Llis) has been signposted
- Start of the path between Font des Noguer and Cúber reservoir
►Summer 2013: Some stages along the GR 222 between Colònia de Sant Pere, Can Picafort and Son Serra has been signposted
- Sign between Club Naútic de la Colònia de Sant Pere and S'Estanyol with the beautiful Bec de Ferrutx
- The GR near S'Estanyol
►Summer 2011: New alternative section (B) of GR 221 between Es Capdellà and Estellencs
→ With this section, it is possible to walk from Es Capdellà to Pollença without problems. The section between Coll de sa Basseta (near Esporles) and Deià is not yet signposted. There are some problems in 'Es Rafal where you should take either the road other the new path between Estellencs and Banyalbufar (for more information, read another new below)
→ The path crosses the public estate of Galatzó and goes by the future hut of sa Coma d'en Vidal.
-Path from Es Capdellà to the Galatzó estate -
-Galatzó estate with the watermills-
- Hut for the people who were making charcoal and prehistoric site of Ses Sínies-
-The Puig de Galatzó from the top of Coma d'en Vidal, from where is possible to climb S'Esclop-
- View of the coast direction north-
►Summer 2011: New alternative section (A) of GR 221 between S'Arracó and Coll de sa Gramola
→ It is now possible to start the GR in S'Arracó but the classical path from Sant Elm to La Trapa and Coll de sa Gramola is more beautiful. From this place, the future GR to Estellencs isn't signposted
- S''Arracó - Going up to ses Rotes de s'Hereu-
- Puig Moltó and Puig des Campàs from ses Rotes de s'Hereu-
- Sign inl Coll de sa Gramola-
►June 2010: There is a new alternative section D between Castell d'Alaró and the mountain hut Tossals Verds
→ In 2010, the restoration of the mountain hut of Castell d'Alaró had been completed. It needed a connection with the GR 221. The owner of one of the most important manor houses of Mallorca: Solleric, didn't allow the right of access. The municipality of Alaró brought the case to the justice and, after three years, the footpath was opened. It has been cleared, signposted and the stone pavement has been restored.
- Signpost on the road Alaró- Orient with the Castell d'Alaró behind-
- For safety, a footpath has been built near the road-
- New restored cobblestoned footpath-
- Work in progress-
- Manor house Solleric-
- Olive groves in Solleric-
- Signpost in the pass Coll de sa Corona with the Puig des Tossals Verds behind-
►June 2010: the new footpath between Peguera and Es Capdellà is ready
→ At the moment, the best place to start the GR 221 is in Peguera. The new trail goes near the scenic road to Es Capdellà. It is well designed and allows a pleasant walk. It has been financed by the municipality of Calvià.
- From Es Capdellà, it's possible to hike to the finca pública de Galatzó and, from here, to Estellencs and the GR 221.